Terms And Conditions
- Reservations: 25% of the tour fee, along with a completed and signed registration form, will reserve a place for you on a BIRD TREKS tour. The balance of the fee is due 60 days prior to departure. All prices are quoted in US dollars, and must be paid in US dollars. To pay the balance of your tour fee, click here.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy: With written notice more than 60 days prior to the first day of any domestic tour (US and Canada, excluding Alaska and Puerto Rico), 100% of your deposit will be refunded, minus a $75 service fee. With 30-60 days notice, you will receive a 50% refund of the full cost of the tour. No refund can be made with less than 30 days notice. For foreign tours (any destination outside of the lower 48 states and Canada) we need 90 days notice for a full refund, minus a $100 service fee. You will receive a full refund if you provide a replacement for your spot on the tour. No partial refund can be given once a tour begins. We strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance to protect your investment. A brochure describing this coverage will be sent to you with the Registration & Release Form.
- Medical Information: Participation on a tour requires that you are in generally good health. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and related dietary restrictions make them known to us well before departure. The tour leader has the right to disqualify any participant at any time during the tour if he feels the participant is physically incapable and/or if a participant's continued participation will jeopardize either that individual or the group. There will be no refund given under these circumstances.
- Currency Fluctuation: To keep our rates as low as possible we do not allow for any increases due to currency fluctuations. Therefore, as currencies do fluctuate constantly it may be necessary to change the trip cost, at any time before departure, if there are exceptional cost changes beyond our control.
- Itinerary Changes & Trip Delay: BIRD TREKS reserves the right to change a program's dates, itineraries, or accommodations as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed, or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, sickness, or other contingency for which BIRD TREKS or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays or changes is not included.
- Itinerary Cancellation: BIRD TREKS reserves the right to cancel an itinerary before departure for any reason whatsoever, including too few participants or logistical problems such as strikes, wars, acts of God, or any other circumstances which may make operation of the tour inadvisable. All tour payments received will be promptly refunded, and this refund will be the limit of our liability.
- BIRD TREKS is not responsible for any expenses incurred by tour members in preparing for the tour, including non-refundable or penalty-carrying airline tickets, special clothing, visa or passport fees, or other tour related expenses.
- BIRD TREKS reserves the right to decline to accept any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
- Limitations of Liability: This section defines BIRD TREKS responsibility with respect to all of our tours. Please read it carefully.
On advancement of deposit to BIRD TREKS the depositor acknowledges that he/she has read and understands the above recited terms and conditions, and agrees to be bound by them.